Australia tour of England 2020: England Vs Australia, First ODI
Winners Prediction: England defeated Australia in the T20Is by 2-1 margin but they failed to snatch the No.1 spot from the Aussies in the T20I format. But they are the No.1 ranked ODI team by some margin. They are playing a full strength squad in the ODI format. Australia is struggling for momentum in ODIs in recent past and will look to do well in this match to get back to rhythm. We expect England to win this contest owing to their dominance in ODI cricket for the past 2-3 years.
Pitch Conditions: Old Trafford is expected to have a belter of track with a lot of runs on offer. Pace bowlers might get extra zip and bounce from the track that may trouble the batsmen. We expect average scores to be in the range of 300-320 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Both teams will look to chase down the total in this match as they can time their innings to perfection depending on the target on line.
Predicted Playing XI
ENGLAND: Eoin Morgan (C), Johnny Bairstow (Wk), Jason Roy, Joe Root, Sam Billings/Mark Wood, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Tom Curran, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Chris Woakes
AUSTRALIA: Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey (wk), Mitchell Marsh, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa
- Last time, Australia toured England they lost the ODI series by 0-5 margin.
- England has lost one out of the last 15 ODI series they played after 2017 (Won-12 & Drawn -2).
- Australia has won just 2 out of their last 10 bilateral series (8-lost). .
Players to Bet on
- Jos Buttler – Buttler has been phenomenal in the T20I series against Australia and was awarded Man of the series for his two counter attacking knocks in first two matches.
- Adil Rashid – Adil Rashid has been the England`s highest wicket taker in ODI format and he has been amongst the wickets column consistently in the recent matches. We expect him to take wickets in this ODI series too.
- Johnny Bairstow – Bairstow returned to form with a hard fought fifty in the last T20I match and he will look to continue that rhythm into the ODI format. He will be a dangerous player once sets.
- Aaron Finch – Finch gave good starts to Australia in all three T20I matches and will look to continue his form in the ODIs too. He scored 126 runs in the T20I format at a strike rate of 140.
- Mitchell Marsh – marsh made an impact straightaway with his knock of 39* runs in the final T20I match helping his team to chase down the target. Marsh will provide good balance to the ODI side with his all-round capabilities.
- Pat Cummins – Pat Cummins is regarded as the bowling leader in the group alongside Mitchell Starc. He will look to continue the good rhythm with the ball in hand.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler (ENG), Johnny Bairstow (ENG)
Batsmen: Joe Root (ENG), Aaron Finch (AUS), Steve Smith (AUS)
All-rounders: Moeen Ali (ENG), Mitchell Marsh (AUS), Glenn Maxwell (AUS)
Bowlers: Adil Rashid (ENG), Pat Cummins (AUS), Jofra Archer (ENG)
Captain: Jos Buttler (ENG) or Aaron Finch (AUS)
Vice-Captain: Johnny Bairstow (ENG) or Mitchell Marsh (AUS)
ENG – England
AUS – Australia
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 4 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…