Caribbean Premier League 2020: Guyana Amazon Warriors vs. Barbados Tridents, Match no. 22
Winners Prediction: Guyana Amazon Warriors and Barbados Tridents come into this contest with contrasting fortunes. Barbados Tridents lost two back-to-back matches from a position of strength and will be gutted with those losses. Guyana Amazon Warriors ended their string of three losses with a dominating performance last match. With league stages nearing the end, every team is on a mission to win matches to qualify for the knockouts. We expect Guyana Amazon Warriors to win this match.
Score Prediction: Batsmen are getting used to the slow pitches and they can make it count if they apply themselves on these pitches. This will be second match of the day and we expect the pitch to be on a little slower side.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is best option in this pitch as the moisture content available early on with help the bowlers considerably. Teams are comfortable chasing the targets rather than setting one.
Predicted Playing XI
BARBADOS TRIDENTS: Johnson Charles, Shai Hope (wk), Kyle Mayers, Corey Anderson, Jason Holder (c), Ashley Nurse, Rashid Khan, Raymon Reifer, Nyeem Young, Mitchell Santner, Hayden Walsh
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Lendl Simmons, Tion Webster, Colin Munro, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard (c), Tim Seifert (wk), Dwayne Bravo, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan, Fawad Ahmed, Sunil Narine/Sikander Raza
- Barbados Tridents have 4 points from 7 matches with just 2 wins and 5 losses so far.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors have 6 points from 7 matches with 3 wins and 4 losses so far.
- Barbados Tridents failed to chase the lowest target in CPL history against St. Lucia Zouks – 92 runs.
Players to Bet on
- Johnson Charles – Charles has been their most consistent batmen this season with 204 runs at a strike rate of 120+ so far. He scored 39 runs off 42 balls last match but failed to help his team complete the chase.
- Hayden Walsh – Hayden Walsh made a superb comeback in the last match with figures of 3/19 after the beating he took against Pollard in the earlier match. We expect him to continue his good bowling in this match too.
- Jason Holder – Holder has taken the highest number of wickets in powerplay this season so far. He must contribute more with the bat for the team as his team depends on all-rounders in the middle order.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Nicholas Pooran – Nicholas Pooran showed his class with a century off just 45 balls on a pitch which not easy for batting. He hit 10 sixes and 4 boundaries in his knock.
- Kevin SInclair – Kevin Sinclair bowled an amazing spell of 4-0-19-1 in the last match and to add to that he opens the batting for the tam. He will be good valuable pick in your team for sure.
- Imran Tahir – Tahir was wicket-less for the first time in the CPL last match, yet he ended with decent figures of 4-0-21-0. He will be vital member in the Warriors bowling set-up.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW)
Batsmen: Corey Anderson (BT), Brandon King (GAW), Shimron Hetmyer (GAW)
All-rounders: Kyle Mayers (BT), Chris Green (GAW), Jason Holder (BT)
Bowlers: Kevin Sinclair (GAW), Imran Tahir (GAW), Rashid Khan (BT), Hayden Walsh (BT)
Captain: Nicholas Pooran (GAW)
Vice-Captain: Rashid Khan (BT) or Imran Tahir (GAW)
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
BT – Barbados Tridents
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 5 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…