Caribbean Premier League 2020: Guyana Amazon Warriors vs. Barbados Tridents, Match no. 26
Winners Prediction: Guyana Amazon Warriors have qualified for the knockouts with three-wins on the three consecutive days and this is the last their last league game. They will look to win this match and carry forward the momentum into the knockouts. Barbados Tridents are in a spot of bother and they need to win the remaining two matches and expect Jamaica Tallawahs don’t win more matches than them in the league phase to qualify. We expect Guyana Amazon Warriors to win this contest.
Score Prediction: Batsmen are getting used to these pitches and they can make it count if they apply themselves on these pitches. This will be second match of the day and we expect the pitch to be on a little slower side.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is best option in this pitch as the moisture content available early on with help the bowlers considerably. Chasing teams have better success rate in the tournament so far.
Predicted Playing XI
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Ross Taylor, Kevin Sinclair, Keemo Paul, Chris Green (c), Romario Shepherd/Ashmead Nedd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Imran Tahir
BARBADOS TRIDENTS: Johnson Charles, Shai Hope (wk), Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder (c), Jonathan Carter, Justin Greaves, Ashley Nurse, Raymon Reifer, Mitchell Santner, Rashid Khan, Hayden Walsh
- Barbados Tridents have 4 points from 8 matches with just 2 wins and 6 losses so far.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors have 10 points from 9 matches and are qualified for the knockouts.
- Amazon Warriors beat Tridents by 8 wickets comfortable in their previous encounter this season.
Players to Bet on
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Shimron Hetmyer – Hetmyer returned to form in grand fashion with 56 runs off 36 balls in a crucial run chase with 6 boundaries and 3 sixes to his name. He will look to continue his purple patch.
- Chris Green – Green had bowling figures of 4-2-3-1 in their last match against Tridents. He will look to repeat his previous performance against the same opposition in this match too.
- Imran Tahir – Tahir is their leading wicket-taker with 12 wickets at an economy of 6 RPO. He had bowling figures of 4-1-10-1 in the last match. He will be a tough bowler to deal with in these conditions.
- Johnson Charles – Charles has 204 runs at a strike rate of 120+ so far in this season. His form has spiraled down as the tournament progressed and will look to help his team win in the crucial matches going ahead.
- Rashid Khan – Rashid Khan has been off-color this season but despite that has 10 wickets at an economy rate below 7 RPO so far. He will look to bowl well and help his team qualify for the knockouts.
- Jason Holder – Holder needs to bat more responsibly in the middle order that consists of many all-rounders. He has taken wickets in powerplay with the ball but has gone for few runs in the death overs so far.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW), Johnson Charles (BT)
Batsmen: Kyle Mayers (BT), Brandon King (GAW), Shimron Hetmyer (GAW)
All-rounders: Chanderpaul Hemraj (GAW), Jason Holder (BT)
Bowlers: Chris Green (GAW), Imran Tahir (GAW), Rashid Khan (BT), Hayden Walsh (BT)
Captain: Nicholas Pooran (GAW) or Jason Holder (BT)
Vice-Captain: Rashid Khan (BT) or Imran Tahir (GAW)
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
BT – Barbados Tridents
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 2 months ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 43)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. We will…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…