Caribbean Premier League 2020: Guyana Amazon Warriors vs. Jamaica Tallawahs, Match no. 12
Winners Prediction: Both teams competing in this match lost their last encounter with the Tallawahs losing against the same opponent Warriors. Guyana Amazon Warriors rely heavily on their spin bowling and their batting is very inconsistent so far. Jamaica Tallawahs have a well-balanced batting attack with many big-hitters and good spin attack. Both teams lack quality pacers in their playing XI. We expect Guyana Amazon Warriors to win this match owing to their good overall team balance and experienced spin contingent.
Score Prediction: We expect average scores in the range of 160-180 runs in this match as the match will take place in a new fresh track in Queen`s Park Oval. The ball is expected to come onto the bat nicely.
Toss Prediction: We expect both teams to field first as they can take advantage of the bounce and carry in the fresh wicket early on and chasing will be safe option considering the new pitch in play.
Predicted Playing XI
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS: Rovman Powell (C), Asif Ali, Glenn Philips, Chadwick Walton, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Fidel Edwards, Sandeep Lamichchame, Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Oshane Thomas, Nkurumah Bonner
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Ross Taylor, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Chris Green (c), Ashmead Nedd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Imran Tahir
- Guyana Amazon Warriors have 4 points with 2 victories in their 4 matches so far.
- Jamaica Tallawahs have 2 points from 3 matches with a lone win and 2 back-to-back losses in last two matches.
- Warriors defended the lowest target of this season 118 runs against Tallawahs in their last match.
Players to Bet on
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Nicholas Pooran – Nicholas Pooran returned to form with a valiant 69 runs off 49 balls with 7 boundaries and a six. He will be vital member in the middle order for the team moving forward.
- Chris Green – Chris Green has 4 wickets at an economy rate of just 5.8 RPO in the last three matches bowling in the powerplay. His batting skills might well be needed in this encounter to score some vital runs down the order.
- Imran Tahir – Imran Tahir was the pick of the bowlers with spell of 4-0-22-3 in the last match. He has given runs at less than 6 RPO and picked up crucial wickets in the last 3 matches in a row.
- Glenn Philips – Philips was dismissed for a duck last match but he has 102 runs at a strike rate of 135 this season and is one of the consistent top order batsmen in CPL for the last 2 seasons.
- Andre Russell – Russell scored 52 runs off 37 balls on a tricky pitch when no other batsmen scored over 30 runs. He will be dangerous player once he gets going and lookout for big hits.
- Mujeeb Ur Rehman – Mujeeb came up with yet another brilliant bowling display of 4-0-18-3 last match. He has 6 wickets at an economy rate of just 4.67 RPO in the league so far.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW)
Batsmen: Glenn Philips (JT), Shimron Hetmyer (GAW), Asif Ali (JT), Brandon King (GAW)
All-rounders: Andre Russell (JT), Chris Green (GAW), Carlos Brathwaite (JT)
Bowlers: Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT), Sandeep Lamichchame (JT), Imran Tahir (GAW), Ashmead Nedd (GAW)
Captain: Andre Russell (JT)
Vice-Captain: Imran Tahir (GAW) or Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT)
JT – Jamaica Tallawahs
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 5 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…