Caribbean Premier League 2020: Guyana Amazon Warriors vs. Jamaica Tallawahs, Match no. 8
Winners Prediction: Guyana Amazon Warriors registered their first win this season against the Patriots last night. Jamaica Tallawahs come into this match with a loss in their previous encounter. Both teams have an inconsistent middle order but the form of Shimron Hetmyer gives Warriors an advantage. The absence of specialist bowlers might hurt Tallawahs in the middle order like the last match. We expect Guyana Amazon Warriors to win this match.
Score Prediction: We expect average scores in the range of 140-150 runs in this match and anything above 160 will be tough to chase on this track. The track has been subjected to wear and tear due to its used nature and spinners might enjoy bowling here.
Toss Prediction: With rain threat looming and DLS favoring the chasing team, we expect both teams to field first if they win the toss.
Predicted Playing XI
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS: Rovman Powell (C), Asif Ali, Glenn Philips, Chadwick Walton, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Fidel Edwards, Sandeep Lamichchame, Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Veerasamy Perumal/Nkurumah Bonner, Nicholas Kirton
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Brandon King, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Ross Taylor, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Chris Green (c), Romario Shepherd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Imran Tahir
- Both teams have 2 points from 2 matches with a win and a loss respectively.
- Warriors have an 11-7 win-loss record over Tallawahs in the CPL history.
- Shimron Hetmyer (134 runs) has scored 50% of team`s runs so far in the tournament. .
Players to Bet on
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Shimron Hetmyer – Hetmyer has back-to-back fifties with scores of 63* & 71 in the two matches. He is the leading run-scorer of the tournament and has a strike rate of 150+ so far.
- Keemo Paul – Paul displayed his bag of tricks last night and ended with match figures of 4-0-19-4. He will be tough bowler to face in this kind of pitches and he can also score some handy runs down the order.
- Imran Tahir – Veteran spinner Imran Tahir is back to his best picking up wickets. He bowled a superb spell of 4-0-18-2 and took the key wickets of Chris Lynn and J Hamilton in crucial junctures.
- Glenn Philips – Philips waged a lone battle scoring 58 runs last match. He is looking in good touch with scores of 44 & 58 in the two innings. He is continuing his purple patch from the last season.
- Asif Ali – Asif Ali`s ability to hit big sixes at will makes him a dangerous batsmen in the middle order. He has made 69 runs at a strike rate of 150+ in the middle overs this season.
- Mujeeb Ur Rehman – Mujeeb has evolved to be brilliant spinner in the recent years and his match figure of 4-0-13-1 is a proof of it. To add to it he bowled his overs in the powerplay.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW)
Batsmen: Glenn Philips (JT), Shimron Hetmyer (GAW), Asif Ali (JT), Brandon King (GAW)
All-rounders: Keemo Paul (GAW), Chris Green (GAW), Carlos Brathwaite (JT)
Bowlers: Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT), Sandeep Lamichchame (JT), Imran Tahir(GAW)
Captain: Shimron Hetmyer (GAW) or Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT)
Vice-Captain: Imran Tahir (GAW) or Glenn Philips (JT)
JT – Jamaica Tallawahs
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 8 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…