Caribbean Premier League 2020: Jamaica Tallawahs vs. Barbados Tridents, Match no. 28
Winners Prediction: Jamaica Tallawahs qualified for the knockouts after Barbados Tridents last their previous match. Tallawahs have been scratchy this season and will look to win their last two group games and gain momentum before going into the knockouts. Tridents on the other hand will look end their season with a victory in their last game of the season. Both teams will miss their afghan players (Rashid Khan and Mujeeb Ur Rehman) owing to their other commitments. We expect Jamaica Tallawahs to win this contest.
Score Prediction: Brian Lara Stadium pitch has improved a lot in the final leg of the tournament. We expect the pitch to be favor of the spinners as this is the second match of the day. The average score is expected to be around 140-150 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing teams have better win-loss record in this year and the teams will look to take advantage of the moisture soaked pitch in the early part of the match.
Predicted Playing XI
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS : Glenn Phillips (wk), Nkrumah Bonner, Jermaine Blackwood, Asif Ali, Rovman Powell (c), Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Veerasammy Permaul, Ryan Persuad, Sandeep Lamichhane, Fidel Edwards
BARBADOS TRIDENTS: Johnson Charles (wk), Justin Greaves, Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder (c), Shamarh Brooks, Nyeem Young, Ashley Nurse, Joshua Bishop, Mitchell Santner, Raymon Reifer, Hayden Walsh
➢ Jamaica Tallawahs have qualified for knockouts with 7 points from 8 matches
.➢ Barbados Tridents have 4 points from 9 matches and will end their title defense in the group stages itself.
➢ Tallawahs defeated Tridents by 36 runs in their previous encounter this season.
Players to Bet on
1. Andre Russell – Russell will be big player for Tallawahsgoing into the knockouts. He looks good with the bat in the limited opportunities he batted scoring a couple of fifties.
2. Sandeep Lamichchame – Lamichchame will have a huge role to play in the spin department with the absence of Mujeeb. He has bowling well so far gving runs at less than 6 RPO with 10 wickets to his name.
3. Glenn Philips – Glenn Philips has scored 248 runs at a strike rate of 130 so far. He has been their most consistent batsmen for the team with the bat at the top. We expect him to give a good start in this match.
1. Mitchell Santner – Santner has been one of bright stars of this campaign despite his team`s failure. He has predominantly strangled the batsmen in the power play overs with the field restrictions.
2. Kyle Mayers – Mayers has 22 runs at a strike rate of 110 this season. Barring his 89-run knock and a couple of 40s he has been very inconsistent in the middle order. He will look to finish the season with a good knock to remember.
3. Jason Holder – Holder bowled a brilliant spell of 4-1-10-2 in the last match and is the leading wicket-taker in power play this season. He has just 30-odd runs in the last 5-6 matches with the bat after a good start to the season.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Glenn Philips (JT)
Batsmen: Kyle Mayers (BT), Jermaine Blackwood (JT), Justin Greaves (BT)
All-rounders: Jason Holder (BT), Mitchell Santner (BT), Andre Russell (JT), Carlos Brathwaite (JT)
Bowlers: Hayden Walsh (BT), Fidel Edwards (JT), Sandeep Lamichchame (JT)
Captain: Jason Holder (BT) or Andre Russell (JT)
Vice-Captain: Carlos Brathwaite (JT) or Mitchell Santner(BT)
JT – Jamaica Tallawahs
BT – Barbados Tridents
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 2 months ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 43)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. We will…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…