Caribbean Premier League 2020: St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots vs. Jamaica Tallawahs, Match no. 25
Winners Prediction: Jamaica Tallawahs are in two-way contention with the Barbados Tridents for the last spot in knockouts. A win in this match will put them forward in the pole position in the race. Patriots are already out of contention and will look to end the season on a high with a few wins. We expect Jamaica Tallawahs to win this contest owing to their all-round team strength and composition.
Score Prediction: Pitch has been getting better in this leg with scores touching over 160+ runs consistently. Spinners will play a major role in this match also. We can expect average scores around 160 – 180 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing teams have 70% winning ratio in their favor in the matches completed so far. And teams are comfortable chasing a target rather than setting one in T20 matches.
Predicted Playing XI
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS: Glenn Phillips (wk), Jermaine Blackwood, Rovman Powell (c), Asif Ali, Carlos Brathwaite, Andre Russell, Nkrumah Bonner, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fidel Edwards, Veerasamy Permaul,
ST. KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS: Kieron Powell, Evin Lewis, Joshua Da Silva, Nick Kelly, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Ben Dunk, Sohail Tanvir, Rayad Emrit (c), Imran Khan/Dominic Drakes, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Alzarri Joseph
- St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots have just 2 points from their 8 matches and they are the first team to be eliminated from this season.
- Jamaica Tallawahs have 6 points from 7 matches, and they will qualify for knockouts if they manage to win 2 more matches irrespective of other results.
- Glenn Philips (Jamaica Tallawahs) is the leading run scorer and Mujeeb Ur Rehman (Jamaica Tallawahs) is the leading wicket-taker of the tournament so far with 248 runs and 13 wickets respectively.
Players to Bet on
- Andre Russell – Russell scored 50 runs off 23 balls trying his best in the stiff chase. He will be dejected as his team left too much for him to do in the end and they fell short of the chase by 19 runs.
- Mujeeb Ur Rehman – Mujeeb is their leading wicket taker with 13 wickets at an economy rate of just 4.5 RPO. We expect him to continue his good form in this most important match for the team.
- Glenn Philips – Philips has 248 runs at a strike rate of 130 so far. He has been prolific at the top giving good starts consistently all over the season.
ST. KITTS AND NEVIS PATRIOTS
- Evin Lewis – Lewis has scored 202 runs at a strike rate of 130+ in the 8 matches so far. His form has been blowing hot and cold this season with inconsistency creeping in.
- Ben Dunk – Dunk has scored 20 +& 30+ cameos but has been not able to make a big score so far. He has 153 runs at a strike rate of 110 in the failing middle order and will look to end the season with at least a fifty to his name.
- Rayad Emrit – Emrit is the only consistent bowler in the Patriots team and has 10 wickets at an economy rate of 6.2 RPO so far. He failed to pick up wickets in last two matches and will look to pick wickets in this match.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Glenn Philips (JT), Joshua De Silva (SKNP)
Batsmen: Evin Lewis (SKNP), Ben Dunk (SKNP), Jermaine Blackwood (JT)
All-rounders: Andre Russell (JT), Carlos Brathwaite (JT)
Bowlers: Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT), Rayad Emrit (SKNP), JR Juggesar (SKNP), Sandeep Lamichchmae (JT)
Captain: Andre Russell (JT)
Vice-Captain: Carlos Brathwaite (JT) or Evin Lewis (SKNP)
JT – Jamaica Tallawahs
SKNP– St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 4 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…