Caribbean Premier League 2020: St. Lucia Zouks vs. Guyana Amazon Warriors, Semi-final 2
Winners Prediction: St. Lucia Zouks and Guyana Amazon Warriors come into semi-finals with very little to separate them in the points table. Guyana Amazon Warriors returned to form in a grand fashion with 3 victories in arrow to seal their spot in the Semi-finals. Zouks on the other end won their previous match against Tallawahs after two back-to-back losses before entering the knockouts. We expect Guyana Amazon Warriors to win this match owing to their recent good run of form.
Score Prediction: This is the second match of the day and we expect the pitch to be little more conductive than the first match. We expect the scores to be in the range of 140-160 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Batting first will be safe option in the do-or-die matches but the rain threat may force the captains to field first considering the DLS method.
Predicted Playing XI
ST. LUCIA ZOUKS: Rahkeem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher (wk), Mark Deyal, Roston Chase, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Javelle Glen, Daren Sammy (c), Scott Kuggeleijn, Kesrick Williams, Zahir Khan
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Brandon King, Kevin Sinclair, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Ross Taylor, Keemo Paul, Chris Green (c), Romario Shepherd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Chanderpaul Hemraj, Imran Tahir
- Both teams ended with 12 points in the league phase with Guyana a little ahead in terms of NRR.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors restricted the opposition to less than 110 runs in their last three matches.
- Both teams have 1-1 win-loss against each other in the league phase.
Players to Bet on
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Shimron Hetmyer – Hetmyer has 267 runs at a strike rate of 125 this season and is the second-highest run-scorer so far. He is an experienced player and we expect him to step up in the semi-finals.
- Chris Green – Green has been leading the team in superb fashion by opening the bowling in powerplays’. He has 9 wickets at an economy rate of just 7.5 RPO this season.
- Imran Tahir – Tahir is the joint highest wicket-taker of the season with 15 wickets at an economy rate of less than 7 RPO. He is their strike bowler and will look to take wickets in this match too.
ST. LUCIA ZOUKS
- Mohammed Nabi – Nabi has been their standout player this season with 11 wickets and 154 runs so far. Nabi has been a little off-color to his standards in last 3-4 matches and will look to come back into rhythm to help his team win in the semi-finals.
- Najibullah Zadran – Zadran looked to be in good touch last match scoring 35 runs off 25 balls with 3 sixes to provide impetus to the team`s score. He has 200 runs this season so far.
- Zakir Khan – Zakir Khan ahs peaked at the right moment for the team with wickets in last 2-3 matches. He had bowling figures of 3/25 in their last league game.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW), Andre Fletcher (SLZ)
Batsmen: Javelle Glen (SLZ), Najibullah Zadran (GAW), Shimron Hetmyer (GAW)
All-rounders: Rakheem Cornwall (SLZ), Mohammed Nabi (SLZ), Kevin Sinclair (GAW)
Bowlers: Zakir Khan (SLZ), Imran Tahir (GAW), Chris Green (GAW),
Captain: Mohammed Nabi (SLZ) or Imran Tahir (GAW)
Vice-Captain: Shimron Hetmyer (GAW) or Rakheem Cornwall (SLZ)
SLZ – St. Lucia Zouks
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 7 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…