Caribbean Premier League 2020: Trinbago Knight Riders vs. Guyana Amazon Warriors, Match no. 1
Winners Prediction: Both Trinbago Knight Riders and Guyana Amazon Warriors have quality T20 players in their playing XI with a good mix of youth and experience. Trinbago Knight Riders have home advantage and a host of all-rounder’s which makes us slightly tilt in their favor in this match.
Score Prediction: We expect the pitch to be flat and slightly overcast conditions might help fast bowlers in this fresh pitch. We expect scores around 160-180 runs in this match. Both teams have big hitters who can clear the smaller boundaries easily.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the safe option in T20 matches as both teams will be unaware of the safe target on this pitch yet. Bowling first also helps to use the early moisture in the pitch to swing the new ball.
Predicted Playing XI
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS: Kieron Pollard (C), Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro, Tim Seifert (Wk), Sunil Narine, Khary Pierre, Fawad Ahmed, Jayden Seales, Ali Khan
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS: Nicholas Pooran (C & Wk), Brandon King, Chanderpaul Hemraj, Ross Taylor, Shimron Hetmyer, Keemo Paul, Shane Rutherford, Chris Green, Imran Tahir, Romario Shepherd, Naveen Ul Haq
- Trinbago Knight Riders are the most successful players in CPL and has experienced T20 players such as Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, and Sunil Narine in their team.
- Guyana Amazon Warriors is the unluckiest team in CPL with 5 losses in finals and no title reign so far.
- Trinbago Knight Riders have a 10-9 win-loss record over Guyana Amazon Warriors but warriors have a 4-1 win-loss record in the last 5 matches.
Players to Bet on
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS:
- Dwayne Bravo – A T20 giant with 6307 runs and 497 wickets to his name in 455 t20 matches so far. He bowls usually in the death overs and is an effective lower order batsman.
- Lendl Simmons – Second highest run-scorer of the 2019 season with 430 runs at a strike rate of 150 with 5 fifties.
- Sunil Narine – Mystery spinner with 379 wickets at an career economy rate of just 6 RPO in T20s. He can hit a few big sixes too down the order.
GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS
- Nicholas Pooran – Aggressive left-handed middle-order batsmen who can score runs at a strike rate of 150+ easily. He will also keep wickets for the team.
- Brandon King – Highest run-scorer of 2019 season with 496 runs at a strike rate of nearly 150 with a century and 3 fifties to his name. He opens the batting for the team.
- Romario Shepherd – Young pacer who can clock 140+ kmph consistently but at times has been erratic with his line & lengths. He will look to trouble the batsmen with his pace and swing this season.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran (GAW)
Batsmen: Colin Munro (TKR), Lendl Simmons (TKR), Brandon King (GAW)
All-rounders: Dwayne Bravo (TKR), Sunil Narine (TKR), Chanderpaul Hemraj (GAW), Chris Green (GAW)
Bowlers: Imran Tahir (GAW), Khary Pierre (TKR), Romario Shepherd (GAW)
Captain: Dwayne Bravo (TKR) or Sunil Narine (TKR)
Vice-Captain: Lendl Simmons (TKR) or Brandon King (GAW)
GAW – Guyana Amazon Warriors
TKR – Trinbago Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 8 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…