Caribbean Premier League 2020: Trinbago Knight Riders vs. Jamaica Tallawahs, Semi-final 1
Winners Prediction: Trinbago Knight Riders have been unscathed in the league phase with a perfect 10 result. They were challenged by the opposition teams in only 2-3 teams while they cruised past easily in all their remaining matches. Jamaica Tallawahs are lucky to qualify for the semi-finals with only 3 wins in the entire league phase. They have been failing to perform well as a unit with their batting & bowling units clicking together. Trinbago Knight Riders are the favorites to win this contest and we expect them to go into the finals with a victory.
Score Prediction: The scores have improved as the tournament progressed with the average scores going to nearly 150 runs from 120 runs. We expect the pitch to be helpful for spinners and batsmen may take advantage if they apply themselves on this track. We expect average scores to be around 150-160 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option in this match with rain threat looming and taking DLS equation into consideration.
Predicted Playing XI
JAMAICA TALLAWAHS: Rovman Powell (C), Asif Ali, Glenn Philips, Nicholas Kirton, Jermaine Blackwood, Carlos Brathwaite, Fidel Edwards, Sandeep Lamichchame, Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Veerasamy Perumal, Andre Russell
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS: Tion Webster, Lendl Simmons, Tim Seifert (wk), Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard (c), Sikandar Raza, Akeal Hosein, Ali Khan/Colin Munro, Fawad Ahmed, Sunil Narine, Dwayne Bravo
- Trinbago knight Riders are the second team to enter the knockouts undefeated after Guyana Amazon Warriors last season.
- Jamaica Tallawahs entered the semi-finals with just 7 points courtesy of other teams failing miserably.
- Trinbago Knight Riders have posted 170+ scores in all the matches they batted first so far.
Players to Bet on
- Glenn Philips – Philips is the tournament’s highest run-getter so far with 314 runs at a strike rate of 130. He has been their most consistent across seasons scoring 300+ runs in last two seasons.
- Andre Russell – Andre Russell will be vital to Tallawahs chances of winning in the semi-finals. Russell scored a fighting fifty against Knight Riders last time they met in group phase.
- Mujeeb Ur Rehman – Mujeeb returned to his best after a quite 2-3 matches with figures of 2/28. He is the tournament`s leading wicket-taker with 15 wickets at an economy rate of 5.3 RPO.
TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS
- Kieron Pollard – Pollard has been vital to the Knight Riders helping them post big scores with his six-hitting in the last 5 overs. He has 203 runs at a strike rate of 200+ so far.
- Darren Bravo – Darren Bravo has played crucial knocks to build the momentum for the team to finish with a flourish in death overs. He will have a huge role to play in the absence of Colin Munro.
- Fawad Ahmed – Fawad Ahmed picked up 4 wickets in their last league game and will be vital bowler in middle overs alongside Sunil Narine. Fawad has 10 wickets at an economy rate of 6.5 RPO this season.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Glenn Philips (TKR), Tim Seifert (JT)
Batsmen: Jermaine Blackwood (JT), Darren Bravo (TKR), Lendl Simmons (TKR)
All-rounders: Andre Russell (JT), Kieron Pollard (TKR)
Bowlers: Mujeeb Ur Rehman (JT), Fidel Edwards (JT), Fawad Ahmed (TKR)
Captain: Kieron Pollard (TKR) or Glenn Philips (JT)
Vice-Captain: Andre Russell (JT) or Sunil Narine (TKR)
JT – Jamaica Tallawahs
TKR – Trinbago Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 2 months ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 43)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. We will…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…