Indian Premier League 2020: Chennai Super Kings vs. Delhi Capitals, Match No. 34
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals took different routes after their last encounter as CSK slumped in form while DC won matches on a trot and are well placed to move into the qualifiers. CSK will look to continue their momentum from their last match’s victory while DC is hurt due to injury concerns to Shreyas Iyer after Pant. DC is the strongest bowling squad in the tournament and we expect them to win this match against CSK.
Score Prediction: Sharjah pitch has slowed down as the tournament progressed and we see average scores drop from 200+ to 170+ runs in the last few matches.
Toss Prediction: Teams will look to bat first as the pitch becomes hard to bat on in the latter stages of the match.
Predicted Playing XI:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla/N Jagadeesan, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar
DELHI CAPITALS: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (c), Alex Carey (wk), Ajinkya Rahane, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Teshar Deshpande
- CSK has 6 points from 8 matches while DC has 12 points from 8 matches so far.
- DC beat CSK by 44 runs in their previous encounter this season.
- CSK is yet to win two matches on a trot this season so far.
Players to Bet on:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Ravi Jadeja – Jadeja was brilliant with the bat and ball last match scoring 25 runs off 10 balls and bowling figures of 3-0-21-1. He was adjudged Man of the match for his performance last night.
- Shane Watson – Watson is scoring consistently in the last 3-4 matches and will be looking for a big score to help CSK win this match.
- Sam Curran – Sam Curran was hauled as a complete cricketer by MSD & Stephen Fleming last night. He opened the batting and set the tone with his attacking 31 runs and then claimed the important wickets of David Warner last night.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Dhawan has scored two back-to-back fifties and is looking in great touch with the bat at the moment. He has also made a conscious effort to improve his strike rate.
- Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis is the pillar of DC`s middle order and with the absence of Pant & Hetmyer. He will have a big role to play. He will also give important overs in the middle for the team.
- Kagiso Rabada – Rabada has 18 wickets so far and is well ahead of the next bowler in the last by 6 wickets. He will look to continue his domination with the ball in this match too.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK)
Batsmen: Shane Watson (CSK), Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Shikhar Dhawan (DC), Ajinkya Rahane (DC)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Marcus Stoinis (DC), Ravindra Jadeja (CSK)
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada (DC), Ravichandran Ashwin (DC), Shardul Thakur (CSK)
Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or Kagiso Rabada (DC)
Vice-Captain: Shane Watson (CSK) or Marcus Stoinis (DC)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
DC – Delhi Capitals
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 2 weeks ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 43)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. We will…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…