Indian Premier League 2020: Chennai Super Kings vs. Delhi Capitals, Match No. 7
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings won their opening match against Mumbai Indians and lost their next match against Rajasthan Royals. Delhi Capitals won their opening match in a thrilling super-over finish. CSK has a better middle order when compared to the Delhi team and will have the upper hand in this contest owing to their better head-to-head record. We expect CSK to win this match.
Score Prediction: Dubai will be a tough pitch for the batsmen with slow track and uneven bounce playing a big factor. The average score at this venue will be around 160 runs. Spinners will play a huge role and pacers will work on their variations big time.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option with dew expected to play a big role in the latter half of the match.
Predicted Playing XI
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Murali Vijay/Rituraj Gaikwad, Deepak Chahar
DELHI CAPITALS: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma
- CSK has the psychological advantage over DC with a 15-6 Head-to-head win-loss ratio in IPLs so far.
- CSK won all three matches they played against DC last season.
- CSK pacers have 11 wickets while spinners have just 6 wickets. For DC pacers took 4 wickets and spinners took 3 wickets.
Players to Bet on
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Du Plessis have back to back fifties in the two matches and looks to be in excellent form off late. We expect him make a big contribution in this match too.
- Shane Watson – Watson looked good for his 33 runs off 21 balls in the chase. He smashed 4 sixes in the power play and we expect him to make a big score in this match.
- Sam Curran – Sam Curran was all-round performer for CSK with the bat and ball. He has 4 wickets in the two matches and made crucial contributions with the bat too.
- Shreyas Iyer – Iyer played superbly for his 39 ruins in the last match smashing massive sixes of spinners. We expect him to make him to make a big score at the top of the order in this match.
- Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis had a superb match scoring 56 runs and then picking up 2 crucial wickets in the last over to tie the match.
- Kagiso Rabada – Rabada bowled superbly claiming 4 wickets (two in the match and two in the super over). He was the standout performer with the ball for the Delhi Capitals.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK), Rishab Pant (DC)
Batsmen: Shane Watson (CSK), Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Shreyas Iyer (DC), Prithvi Shaw (DC)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Marcus Stoinis (DC)
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada (DC), Ravichandran Ashwin (DC), Deepak Chahar (CSK)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Shreyas Iyer (DC)
Vice-Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or Kagiso Rabada (DC)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
DC – Delhi Capitals
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 1 month ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…
CPL 2020 – Tournament Summary
The eighth season of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL 2020) came to an end with…