Indian Premier League 2020: Chennai Super Kings vs. Delhi Capitals, Match No. 7
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings won their opening match against Mumbai Indians and lost their next match against Rajasthan Royals. Delhi Capitals won their opening match in a thrilling super-over finish. CSK has a better middle order when compared to the Delhi team and will have the upper hand in this contest owing to their better head-to-head record. We expect CSK to win this match.
Score Prediction: Dubai will be a tough pitch for the batsmen with slow track and uneven bounce playing a big factor. The average score at this venue will be around 160 runs. Spinners will play a huge role and pacers will work on their variations big time.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option with dew expected to play a big role in the latter half of the match.
Predicted Playing XI
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Murali Vijay/Rituraj Gaikwad, Deepak Chahar
DELHI CAPITALS: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Mohit Sharma
- CSK has the psychological advantage over DC with a 15-6 Head-to-head win-loss ratio in IPLs so far.
- CSK won all three matches they played against DC last season.
- CSK pacers have 11 wickets while spinners have just 6 wickets. For DC pacers took 4 wickets and spinners took 3 wickets.
Players to Bet on
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Du Plessis have back to back fifties in the two matches and looks to be in excellent form off late. We expect him make a big contribution in this match too.
- Shane Watson – Watson looked good for his 33 runs off 21 balls in the chase. He smashed 4 sixes in the power play and we expect him to make a big score in this match.
- Sam Curran – Sam Curran was all-round performer for CSK with the bat and ball. He has 4 wickets in the two matches and made crucial contributions with the bat too.
- Shreyas Iyer – Iyer played superbly for his 39 ruins in the last match smashing massive sixes of spinners. We expect him to make him to make a big score at the top of the order in this match.
- Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis had a superb match scoring 56 runs and then picking up 2 crucial wickets in the last over to tie the match.
- Kagiso Rabada – Rabada bowled superbly claiming 4 wickets (two in the match and two in the super over). He was the standout performer with the ball for the Delhi Capitals.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK), Rishab Pant (DC)
Batsmen: Shane Watson (CSK), Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Shreyas Iyer (DC), Prithvi Shaw (DC)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Marcus Stoinis (DC)
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada (DC), Ravichandran Ashwin (DC), Deepak Chahar (CSK)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Shreyas Iyer (DC)
Vice-Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or Kagiso Rabada (DC)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
DC – Delhi Capitals
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 7 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…