Indian Premier League 2020: Chennai Super Kings vs. Kolkata Knight Riders, Match No. 49
Winners Prediction: KKR were pushed out of top-4 by KXIP after their loss in the previous game and KKR need to win the remaining 2 matches to stay in contention for play-offs. A loss might put their campaign on jeopardy. CSK don’t have any pressure of qualification as they have no chance to qualify. CSK will feel free and try to express themselves to the best of their potential in the remaining matches. We expect KKR to win this match owing to their star power in the playing XI.
Score Prediction: Dubai is a good placid track where batsmen can score a lot of runs if they take charge. The pitch might slow down as the match progresses and spinners might have a big role in the second innings especially. We expect the average scores to be around 160-180 runs here.
Toss Prediction: The pitch is expected to slow down as the match progresses and both captains will look to bat first on this track.
Predicted Playing XI:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: Rituraj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, Faf du Plessis, MS Dhoni (c & wk), N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, Sam Curran, Monu Kumar, Imran Tahir, Deepak Chahar
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS: Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Eoin Morgan (C), Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna, Varun Chakravarthy, Lockie Ferguson
- KKR has 12 points from 12 matches while CSK has just 8 points from 12 matches so far.
- Three out of CSK`s 4 wins came in Dubai in 6 matches while KKR won the only match they played here till now.
- KKR beat CSK by 10 runs in their previous encounter this season.
Players to Bet on:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Rituraj Gaikwad – Gaikwad played a superb knock of 65* runs off 51 balls to lead CSK to victory against RCB last night. His maiden fifty will give him a lot of confidence going ahead into this match.
- Sam Curran – Curran has always delivered for CSK either with the bat or ball. He took 3 wickets in the last game against RCB to stall the opposition`s momentum.
- Deepak Chahar – Deepak Chahar has found his swing and rhythm in the last few matches. He has 12 wickets this season at an economy rate of 7.3 RPO so far.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS:
- Shubman Gill – Gill has been solid at the top scoring 378 runs at a strike rate of nearly 115 this season. He must look to continue his good from with a surge in his strike rate in the coming matches.
- Eoin Morgan – Eoin Morgan took the attack to the opposition as he scored 40 runs off 25 balls coming in at 10/3 in the second over. He will look to continue his counter attack in any situation of the match.
- Lockie Ferguson – Ferguson has added a great spice to their pace department alongside Pat Cummins. He has 6 wickets in the 4 matches he played so far and also contributed with the bat in the last game.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK)
Batsmen: Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Rituraj Gaikwad (CSK), Eoin Morgan (KKR), Shubman Gill (KKR), Nitish Rana (KKR)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Sunil Narine (KKR), Mitchell Santner (CSK)
Bowlers: Deepak Chahar (CSK), Lockie Ferguson (KKR), Varun Chakravarthy (KKR)
Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or Eoin Morgan (KKR)
Vice-Captain: Deepak Chahar (CSK) or Lockie Ferguson (KKR)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
KKR – Kolkata Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 4 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…