Indian Premier League 2020: Kings Xi Punjab vs. Chennai Super Kings, Match No. 18
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings returned after a 6-days break with their familiar problems to less intent at the top and fielding and bowling mistakes against SRH to lose the match from a strong position. CSK needs to fix the problems big time in their playing XI. KXIP relies heavily on openers and their middle-order needs to score more runs consistently. They need to change their bowling combination and add a sixth bowling option for sure. We expect KXIP to win this match owing to the quality batsmen at the top of the order.
Score Prediction: Dubai has been a good pitch to bat on and batsmen will score freely once they are set. Bowlers will look to use their variations and trouble the batsmen on this slow pitch. We can expect scores in the range of 160-180 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Teams batting first has won all the six matches played here and pitch will slow down a little in the second innings of the match.
Predicted Playing XI
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Dwayne Bravo/Josh Hazlewood, Sam Curran, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur
KINGS XI PUNJAB: Lokesh Rahul (c & wk), Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Karun Nair, James Neesham, Sarfaraz Khan/Ishan Porel, Krishnappa Gowtham, Mohammed Shami, Sheldon Cottrell, Ravi Bishnoi
- CSK failed to score 50 runs in the first 10 overs in the last 2 matches and were left to chase 80+ runs in last 4 overs.
- KXIP Punjab bowlers have conceded 226 & 191 runs in the last two matches and their death bowling has leaked runs at 15+ RPO in the last 5 overs.
- Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul lead the batting charts with 246 & 239 runs in this season so far.
Players to Bet on
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Du Plessis looked good with the bat scoring 22 runs off 19 balls and seemed to take on the bowling attack but his untimely run-out was the turning point in the chase.
- MS Dhoni – Dhoni looked tired and exhausted last match scoring 47 runs off 36 balls. He failed to find boundaries in the final overs which he usually does and he struggles to time the ball. We expect him to make a good comeback in this match.
- Deepak Chahar – Deepak Chahar swung the ball beautifully and he will look to trouble the opposition openers with the new ball. We expect him to pick quick wickets at the top.
KINGS XI PUNJAB
- KL Rahul – Rahul is looking in good touch and is looking to bat through the innings with Mayank taking the aggressive route. We expect him to make a big score in this match.
- Nicholas Pooran – Pooran scored 36 & 44 runs in the last two matches and with no off-spinners in CSK team he will look to take advantage of the bowling weakness of the CSK team in this match.
- Sheldon Cotrell – Sheldon Cotrell made a good comeback after his 30-run over against RR with bowling figures of 4-1-20-1 in the last match. He will trouble CSK top order with his left arm bowling angling away from right-handers.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK), KL Rahul (KXIP), Nicholas Pooran (KXIP)
Batsmen: Mayank Agarwal (KXIP) Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Ambati Rayudu (CSK)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Glenn Maxwell (KXIP)
Bowlers: Sheldon Cottrell (KXIP), Shardul Thakur (CSK), Deepak Chahar (CSK)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Mayank Agarwal (KXIP)
Vice-Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or KL Rahul (KXIP)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
KXIP – Kings XI Punjab
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 10 months ago
Big lottery winners and their story
You must have heard stories of people going from rags to riches. Some people achieve…
Great.com talks about U.S online casinos
For hundreds of years, gambling and real money betting have been a part of many…
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…