Indian Premier League 2020: Kings XI Punjab vs. Kolkata Knight Riders, Match No. 24
Winners Prediction: Kings XI Punjab have pinned further down in the points table with yet another crushing loss by 69 runs. They have new flaws in batting line-up trying to fix their broken bowling attack. Kolkata Knight Riders came up with a clinical performance against CSK to win their last match. They outwitted Chennai in the second half of the chase with Sunil Narine and Andre Russell with the ball. We expect KKR to win this match.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi has been an average scoring ground with scores in the range of 160-170 runs. Spinners might play a crucial role with the old ball owing to the slow nature of the track.
Toss Prediction: Teams batting first has 5-3 win-loss record at this venue and with pitches slowing down we expect both captains to bat first in this match.
Predicted Playing XI
KINGS XI PUNJAB: KL Rahul (c), Mayank Agarwal, Mandeep Singh, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Glenn Maxwell/Chris Gayle, Sarfaraz Khan, Mujeeb ur Rehman, Harpreet Brar, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Sheldon Cottrell
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS: Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Eoin Morgan, Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
- KKR have 6 points from 5 matches while KXIP has just 2 points from 6 matches played so far.
- Kings XI Punjab has lost 4 matches on a trot this season.
- KKR has a 2-1 win-loss record in Abu Dhabi while KXIP has lost their only match played here this season.
Players to Bet on
KINGS XI PUNJAB
- KL Rahul – Rahul leads the batting charts with 313 runs so far but his strike rate has been a topic of debate this season. He has been striking at just 120+ in the past 2-3 matches and will need to improve on it early in his innings.
- Nicholas Pooran – Pooran smashed 77 runs off 35 balls with 7 sixes and 5 boundaries He also hit fastest fifty of this season in just 17 balls but was left stranded at one end in a tough chase of 200+ runs.
- Ravi Bishnoi – Bishnoi picked up 3 crucial wickets and helped to restrict the opposition from 160/0 to 175/5 in a crucial time. He has a big positive of KXIP in the bowling department this season.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Rahul Tripathi – Tripathi scored 81 runs off just 51 balls when no other player crossed the 20-run mark in their team. He has scores of 36 & 81 in two matches at a strike arte of nearly 170+.
- Eoin Morgan – Morgan has scored 143 runs at a strike rate of 140 in this season so far. He will look to look to contribute with quick runs in the middle order to help their team finish with a flourish.
- Varun Chakravarthy – Varun Chakravarthy has been bowled superbly in the middle overs and final overs last match and ended with match figures of 4-0-28-1. He took the prized scalp of MS Dhoni in the last match.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: KL Rahul (KXIP), Nicholas Pooran (KXIP)
Batsmen: Eoin Morgan (KKR), Nitish Rana (KKR), Rahul Tripathi (KKR), Mayank Agarwal (KXIP)
All-rounders: Andre Russell (KKR), Sunil Narine (KKR)
Bowlers: Shivam Mavi (KKR), V Chakravarthy (KXIP), Ravi Bishnoi (KXIP)
Captain: Nicholas Pooran (KXIP) or Eoin Morgan (KKR)
Vice-Captain: KL Rahul (KXIP) or Rahul Tripathi (KKR)
KXIP– Kings XI Punjab
KKR – Kolkata Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 6 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…