Indian Premier League 2020: Kings XI Punjab vs. Mumbai Indians, Match No. 36
Winners Prediction: Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians are currently placed at the opposite ends of the points table with Mumbai at the top and Punjab at the bottom. Mumbai has a very well settled batting and bowling line-up while KXIP is struggling to find the right balance at the moment. The addition of Chris Gayle provides firepower to their batting attack. MI bowlers will be raring to go against the big-hitters of the KXIP in this match. We expect MI to win this match.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi is the biggest of the three grounds in the UAE. Seamers will enjoy bowling here with the new ball. We expect scores to be in the range of 160-180 runs.
Toss Prediction: Pitches are getting slower and batsmen will find it hard to time in the latter stages of the match so both captains will look to bat first in this match.
Predicted Playing XI
KINGS XI PUNJAB: Mayank Agarwal, Lokesh Rahul (c & wk), Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Chris Gayle, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Chris Jordan, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Hooda
MUMBAI INDIANS: Quinton de Kock (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, James Pattinson/Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah
- MI are at the top with 12 points from 8 matches while KXIP have just 4 points from 8 matches.
- KXIP`s openers have scored 350+ runs and feature among the top 2 run scorers of this season.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult have 12 wickets each at an economy of less than 8 RPO.
Players to Bet on
KINGS XI PUNJAB
- Mayank Agarwal – Agarwal has been the aggressor at the top for KXIP scoring at a strike rate of 160+. He has scored 382 runs in the 8 matches he played so far.
- KL Rahul – KL Rahul leads with the batting charts with 445 runs at a strike rate of 130+. He has a century and 4 fifties to his name so far in the league.
- Mohammed Shami – Shami has taken 12 wickets in just 8 matches. His bowling in the death overs has been a big worry for the team as he is leaking far too many runs.
- Quinton De Kock – De Kock is in superb form scoring 53 & 78* in the last 2 matches. We expect him to continue his good form with the bat in this match too.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bumrah has been back to his best in the last few matches and his slower balls and yorkers are spot on. Bumrah will look to add some more wickets to his name in this match.
- Rahul Chahar – The young leggie bowled excellent lines and never gave any room nor width to the batsmen. He ended with bowling figures of 4-0-23-2 in the last match and never gave any free runs in the middle overs.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Quinton De Kock (MI), Lokesh Rahul (KXIP), Nicholas Pooran (KXIP)
Batsmen: Mayank Agarwal (KXIP), Suryakumar Yadav (KXIP), Hardik Pandya (MI)
All-rounders: Kieron Pollard (KXIP)
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah (MI), Rahul Chahar (MI), Mohammed Shami (KXIP), Murugan Ashwin (KXIP)
Captain: Mayank Agarwal (KXIP) or Quinton De Kock (MI)
Vice-Captain: KL Rahul (KXIP) or Jasprit Bumrah (MI)
KXIP – Kings XI Punjab
MI- Mumbai Indians
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 6 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…