Indian Premier League 2020: Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Chennai Super Kings, Match No. 21
Winners Prediction: CSK made a superb comeback after their hat-trick of losses to beat KXIP by 10 wickets. They will be high on confidence after their morale-boosting win and their batting would look to end their over-cautious approach in the powerplay and take some calculated risks. KKR lost their previous game against MI in a high scoring contest at Sharjah. Their batting order needs to re-shuffle with Eoin Morgan and Rahul Tripathi moving up from their spots. We expect CSK to continue their winning run in this match after their morale-boosting win in the previous match.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi has been an average scoring ground with the runs in the range of 150-170 runs so far. The pitches are showing signs of slowing down and we expect spinners to play a big role in this match.
Toss Prediction: Five out of six teams have lost the match after winning the toss here so far. Both teams will look to bat first as the pitch might low up in the second innings considerably.
Predicted Playing XI
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Faf du Plessis, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur, Piyush Chawla, Deepak Chahar
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS: Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Andre Russell, Eoin Morgan, Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakravarthy
- KKR has 4 points from 4 matches while CSK has same number of points from 5 matches.
- CSK openers put on a mammoth unbeaten 178-run opening partnership last night against KXIP.
- KKR has never defended a target successfully against CSK in the IPL with 9 losses in 9 matches so far.
Players to Bet on:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Faf Du Plessis has scores of 58*, 72, 43, 22 & 87* in the five matches played so far. He is in sublime form scoring runs at a strike rate of 150.
- Shane Watson – Watson ended his lean run with a superb 83* off 52 balls last night. He looked to regain his lost touch and his form will be a big boost for CSK.
- Shardul Thakur – Thakur was brilliant with the ball last night despite going for 39 runs in 4 overs. He picked up the crucial wickets of KL Rahul & Nicholas Pooran which shifted the momentum of the game.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Shubman Gill – Gill has been solid at the top scoring 152 runs at a strike arte of nearly 120 this season. He will look to continue his good form and help his post a good score on board.
- Eoin Morgan – Eoin Morgan has scores of 32*, 44*, & 46 in the last three matches coming lower down the order. He is expected to move up the batting line-up in this match and expect to score a big score in this match.
- Pat Cummins – Cummins has been blowing hot & cold in the four matches with two good matches and two bad matches so far. E will look to trouble the batsmen with his pace and accuracy in the powerplay.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK)
Batsmen: Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Shane Watson (CSK), Eoin Morgan (KKR), Shubman Gill (KKR), Nitish Rana (KKR)
All-rounders: Sam Curran (CSK), Andre Russell (KKR)
Bowlers: Shardul Thakur (CSK), Pat Cummins (KKR), Varun Chakravarthy (KKR)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Shubman Gill (KKR)
Vice-Captain: Shardul Thakur (CSK) or Andre Russell (KKR)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
KKR – Kolkata Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 2 weeks ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…
CPL 2020 – Tournament Summary
The eighth season of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL 2020) came to an end with…