Indian Premier League 2020: Mumbai Indians vs. Chennai Super Kings, Match No. 1
IPL 2020 match 1 prediction
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians kick-off the IPL 2020 season with their opening match at Abu Dhabi. CSK has a setback with Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh not available for this season. Mumbai Indians on the other hand have all their bases covered as usual. But MI has been a slow starter in all the IPL seasons so far. Our head says MI will win the match owing to their better playing XI, but our heart says CSK will win the match with MS Dhoni in charge.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi have been traditionally an average scoring ground where 160+ runs are scored only 15 times out of 45 matches. The average score at this venue is 147 runs so far and we expect teams to score around 150-160 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option in this venue with 60-40 win-loss results so far in T20 matches played here.
Predicted Playing XI
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Dwayne Bravo, Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar/KM Asif
MUMBAI INDIANS: Quinton De Kock(wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar
- CSK & MI are the most successful teams in IPL history with 3 & 4 trophies so far.
- MI beat CSK four times in IPL 2019 and have an 18-12 win-loss record over their arch-rivals CSK.
- MI never won a single game in 2014 edition of IPL played at UAE (5 losses).
Players to Bet on
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Du Plessis will have a big role to play this season in middle order with Raina not available. We expect to have to good start to the season with a fine knock in the opening match.
- MS Dhoni – Dhoni last played competitive cricket in July 2019 & he recently retired from international cricket. Dhoni can be desicive in the middle order with his experience and temperament.
- Imran Tahir – Tahir had a superb tournament in CPL with 15 wickets at less than 6 RPO. He will look to lead the Chennai`s spin attack in the slow tracks of UAE.
- Rohit Sharma – Rohit Sharma is one of the talismans of the MI team in the batting department. He will be a tough batsman to contain once he gets going.
- Kieron Pollard – Pollard had a superb season in CPL winning the trophy as a skipper. He also performed well with the bat and ball in crunch moments to help his team win matches.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bumrah is the pace spearhead of the MI team and he will look to take wickets of CSK batsmen in the crucial moments to give an upper hand to his team.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: MS Dhoni (CSK), Ishan Kishan (MI)
Batsmen: Rohit Sharma (MI), Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Suryakumar Yadav (MI)
All-rounders: Kieron Pollard (MI), Hardik Pandya (MI), Ravindra Jadeja (CSK)
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah (MI), Imran Tahir (CSK), Shardul Thakur (CSK)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Kieron Pollard (MI)
Vice-Captain: Imran Tahir (CSK) or Jasprit Bumrah (MI)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
MI – Mumbai Indians
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 4 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…