Indian Premier League 2020: Mumbai Indians vs. Chennai Super Kings, Match No. 41
Winners Prediction: Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians kicked-off the IPL 2020 season with CSK winning the opening match at Abu Dhabi. But, their campaigns have taken different routes with CSK having their worst IPL season ever while Mumbai looking good to enter the playoffs in their title defense. CSK is struggling to get momentum and is almost out of the qualification race. We expect Mumbai Indians to win this match and march ahead in the points table.
Score Prediction: Sharjah is the smallest of the 3 grounds in UAE and the pitches are expected to slow down owing to the used nature. We expect average scores to be around 160-180 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option in this venue with Chasing teams having 7-0 win-loss record in the last 9 matches.
Predicted Playing XI:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS: MS Dhoni (C & Wk), Shane Watson/Imran Tahir, Faf Du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, KM Asif/R Saikishore, Josh Hazlewood, Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar
MUMBAI INDIANS: Quinton De Kock(wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Nathan Coulter-Nile/James Pattinson, Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar
- CSK are bottom of the table with 6 points from 10 matches while MI are the second with 12 points from 9 matches so far.
- CSK is the only team to beat MI while their remaining 2 losses came in super-over contests.
- MI lost their previous match in double-super-over contest game against KXIP.
Players to Bet on:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
- Faf Du Plessis – Du Plessis has been CSK`s highest run scorer with 375 runs at a strike arte of 140+. He will look to finish the season on a high with a couple of big scores in the remaining matches.
- Ravi jadeja – Jadeja has been phenomenal with the bat in last 3-4 matches scoring vital runs at the death. He has scored 194 runs at a strike arte of 165 so far. But his bowling has taken a hit as he has just 4 wickets at an economy of 9.5 RPO.
- Sam Curran – Sam Curran is the only positive for CSK in the IPL 2020. He has scored 121 runs and claimed 10 wickets in the matches he has played so far.
- Quinton De Kock – De Kock is on a roll with 3 back-to-back fifties in the last three matches. We expect him to continue his good form at the top.
- Kieron Pollard – Pollard had a superb season scoring 208 runs at a strike rate of 200. He also has bowled produced vital overs for the team claiming a couple of wickets.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bumrah is back to his best claiming 15 wickets at an economy rate of just 7.5 RPO. He is delivering his yorkers, bouncers, and slower balls to perfection this season.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Quinton De Kock (MI), Ishan Kishan (MI)
Batsmen: Ambati Rayudu (CSK), Faf Du Plessis (CSK), Suryakumar Yadav (MI)
All-rounders: Kieron Pollard (MI), Sam Curran (CSK), Ravindra Jadeja (CSK)
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah (MI), Rahul Chahar (MI), Deepak Chahar (CSK)
Captain: Faf Du Plessis (CSK) or Kieron Pollard (MI)
Vice-Captain: Sam Curran (CSK) or Jasprit Bumrah (MI)
CSK – Chennai Super Kings
MI – Mumbai Indians
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 4 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…