Indian Premier League 2020: Rajasthan Royals vs. Mumbai Indians, Match No. 45
Winners Prediction: Mumbai Indians are on a roll this season with 7 wins in their 10 matches while 2 out of 3 losses came in super over contests. They sweat over the fitness of regular skipper Rohit Sharma but still have excellent firepower in the batting department. Rajasthan Royals can no further afford any slip-ups as one more loss could push them out of play-off competition for sure. They need to work on their batting order which seems to be not working currently. We expect Mumbai Indians to win this match.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi pitch is slowing up and teams are finding it hard to post big scores in the recent matches. Pacer enjoy good seam and swing movement with the new ball here and the pitch might ease out as the match progresses. We expect average scores to be in the range of 150-170 runs here.
Toss Prediction: Chasing teams have good success in the recent phase with no dew coming into play and we expect both teams to bowl first if they win the toss.
Predicted Playing XI:
MUMBAI INDIANS: Quinton De Kock(wk), Rohit Sharma/Saurabh Tiwary, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard (c), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Nathan Coulter Nile, Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar
RAJASTHAN ROYALS: Robin Uthappa, Ben Stokes, Sanju Samson (wk), Steven Smith (c), Jos Buttler, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Ankit Rajpoot/Varun Aaron, Kartik Tyagi
- MI has 14 points from 10 matches while RR has just 8 points from 11 matches so far.
- MI has won the last 5 matches played at this venue and has a 5-1 win-loss record at this venue.
- RR has won one and lost 2 matches at this venue this season.
Players to Bet on:
- Robin Uthappa – Uthappa has found his mojo back after moving to the opening slot and he will look to add some quick runs in the power play. Batting in power play has been RR`s biggest worry this year.
- Jos Buttler – Jos Buttler played a superb knock of 70* runs against MI last time and he has a good record against MI in the IPL history. We expect him to open the innings and play a superb knock in this match too.
- Jofra Archer – Archer is the best bowler in the RR side and has taken 15 wickets at an economy rate of just 6.6 RPO so far. He is always threatening the batsmen with his pace and bounce with the new ball this season.
- Quinton De Kock – De Kock is superb form scoring runs consistently in every match. He has scored 368 runs at a strike rate of 145 with most of his runs coming in the last few matches.
- Kieron Pollard – Pollard took over the captaincy with Rohit injured and he will play a huge role with the bat in death overs. He has scored 208 runs at a strike rate of 200 and has been dismissed only once so far.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Bumrah`s double-wicket first over rocked CSK last night. Bumrah has taken 17 wickets at an impressive economy rate of 7.2 RPO. We expect him continue his good showing with the ball in hand.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicketkeeper: Quinton De Kock (MI), Jos Buttler (RR), Ishan Kishan (MI)
Batsmen: Suryakumar Yadav (MI), Steve Smith (RR), Robin Uthappa (RR)
All-rounders: Kieron Pollard (MI), Ben Stokes (RR)
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah (MI), Trent Boult (MI), Jofra Archer (RR)
Captain: Quinton De Kock (MI) or Jos Buttler (RR)
Vice-Captain: Jasprit Bumrah (MI) or Jofra Archer (RR)
RR– Rajasthan Royals
MI – Mumbai Indians
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 1 month ago
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 44)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL is…