Indian Premier League 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs. Rajasthan Royals, Match No. 15
Winners Prediction: RCB and RR have started the tournament on a good note with 2 wins from 3 matches but still a lot of question marks hang in their team combination. RCB has a superb top-4 (barring Kohli`s lack of runs) but their bowling combination at the death still lacks effectiveness as they leaked 79 runs off the last 4 overs in the last match. Rajasthan Royals batting looks very weak outside their top-3 and their inability to bat on bigger grounds was evident in the last match ta Dubai. We expect Royal Challengers Bangalore to win this match owing to their batting depth and good spin attack at disposal.
Score Prediction: Abu Dhabi has been the low scoring among the three venues and the bigger dimensions of the boundary contribute to it largely. We expect scores to be in the range of 160-180 runs.
Toss Prediction: Both teams will look to bat first on this venue as the early start negates the presence of dew and batting at 3-4 PM in second innings might be trickier with low light.
Predicted Playing XI
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE: Devdutt Padikkal, Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers (wk), Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Isuru Udana, Navdeep Saini, Adam Zampa, Yuzvendra Chahal
RAJASTHAN ROYALS: Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Smith (c), Sanju Samson, Robin Uthappa, Manan Vohra, Rahul Tewatia, Jofra Archer, Tom Curran, Shreyas Gopal, Ankit Rajpoot, Jaydev Unadkat
- Both teams have 4 points from 3 matches with 2 win & a loss so far.
- Sanju Samson & Steve Smith have 2 half-centuries each for RR while ABD & Devdutt Padikkal have score 2 half-centuries each for RCB.
- Both team bowlers have conceded over 200+ runs twice in 3 matches so far.
Players to Bet on:
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
- Devdutt Padikkal – Padikkal has looked very classy with the bat in 3 matches scoring 111 runs at a strike rate of 130+ at the top. He will look to continue his good form and make a big name in this season.
- AB De Villiers – ABD is the most consistent batsmen for RCB this season with 134 runs at a strike rate of 180+ to finish the innings with a flourish.
- Yuzi Chahal – Chahal is the biggest match winner for RCB with the ball and he has 5 wickets so far this season. He will enjoy bowling here owing to the bigger boundaries.
- Sanju Samson – Samson has scores of 74, 85, & 8 in the three matches so far. He needs to curb his attacking instincts and play according to the merit on the ball at this venue.
- Steve Smith – Smith looked to smash every ball out of the park right from the first over and was dismissed to an ugly swipe in second over. He needs to bat sensibly as he is good form with fifties in first two matches.
- Jofra Archer – Archer bowled thunderbolts with deliveries clocking 145+ kmph consistently last match and he is superb form in all 3 matches troubling the batsmen. He has hit 7 sixes in just 15 balls he faced in this season so far.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Sanju Samson (RR), AB De Villiers (RCB)
Batsmen: Virat Kohli (RCB), Devdutt Padikkal (RCB), Steve Smith (RR)
All-rounders: Shivam Dube (RCB), Washington Sundar (RCB)
Bowlers: Yuzi Chahal (RCB), Navdeep Saini (RCB), Jofra Archer (RR), Tom Curran (RR)
Captain: AB De Villiers (RCB) or Jofra Archer (RR)
Vice-Captain: Yuzi Chahal (RCB) or Sanju Samson (RR)
RCB – Royal Challengers Bangalore
RR – Rajasthan Royals
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 3 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…