Indian Premier League 2020:Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Delhi Capitals, Match No. 42
Winners Prediction: Delhi Capitals are in a comfortable position at the top of the points table with 14 points and will look to win this match and seal their place in the play-offs. Their batting has been slightly off-color in the recent matches barring the brilliance of Shikhar Dhawan. Kolkata Knight Riders suffered a massive defeat last night against RCB and will need to pull their socks up as teams are breathing near their neck in the points table. We expect Delhi Capitals to win this match.
Score Prediction: A Dhabi has some spice for the faster bowlers early in the match and batsmen will be put to test early in the innings. We expect scores around 160-180 runs in this match.
Toss Prediction: Chasing is the best option in this venue as teams will look to take advantage of early moisture in the pitch. It will be easier to bat as the match progresses.
Predicted Playing XI:
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS: Shubman Gill, Siddhesh Lad, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Eoin Morgan, Andre Russell/Tom Banton, Pat Cummins, Kuldeep Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Varun Chakravarthy, Prasidh Krishna, Lockie Ferguson
DELHI CAPITALS: Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishab Pant (Wk), Prithvi Shaw/Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Shimron Hetmyer, Ravi Ashwin, Anrich Nortje, Axar Patel, Tushar Deshpande/Mohit Sharma, Kagiso Rabada, Marcus Stoinis
- DC top the table with 14 points in 10 matches while KKR are in fourth position with 10 points from 10 matches so far.
- KKR ended with 84/8 in the last match which is the lowest score in this IPL so far.
- Kagiso Rabada (DC) leads the bowling charts with 21 wickets in just 10 matches.
Players to Bet on:
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS:
- Shubman Gill – Gill has score 300+ runs this season but his strike rate of just 111 is not helping the team to set the tone at the top. He must look to improve his strike rate in this match and score quick runs.
- Eoin Morgan – Morgan has a huge responsibility with captaincy on his shoulders mid-season. He must also look to bat more aggressively in the middle order to help his team finish on a high.
- Lockie Ferguson – Ferguson has added great spice to their bowling attack with his raw pace and variations. He has 4 wickets in 2 matches and is giving runs at just 5 RPO.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Dhawan is in sublime form with back-to-back unbeaten centuries in last two matches. He has batted almost 70+ overs in the last 4 matches and was dismissed only once scoring 330+ runs.
- Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis will be vital member of the DC team as he lends excellent balance with the bat and ball. He will be expected to play a huge role in the final overs for the DC team.
- Kagiso Rabada – Rabada has picked a wicket in every match in the last 2 IPL seasons. He has 21 wickets in just 10 matches this season and will look continue his wicket hunt in this match too.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Dinesh Karthik (KKR)
Batsmen: Shubman Gill (KKR), Eoin Morgan (KKR), Shreyas Iyer (DC), Shikhar Dhawan (DC)
All-rounders: Axar Patel (DC), Marcus Stoinis (DC)
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada (DC), Lockie Ferguson (KKR), Varun Chakravarthy (KKR), Ravi Ashwin (DC)
Captain: Lockie Ferguson (KKR) or Kagiso Rabada (DC)
Vice-Captain: Shikhar Dhawan (DC) or Eoin Morgan (KKR)
DC – Delhi Capitals
KKR – Kolkata Knight Riders
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 1 month ago
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 44)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL is…