Pakistan tour of England 2020: England Vs Pakistan, Second Test
Winners Prediction: England made a superb comeback in the first Test match to give a shock defeat to Pakistan. England showed their batting depth last match with quality all-rounders down the order. Pakistan impressed everyone in the first 2-3 days but failed miserably later. We expect England to win this match and seal the series.
Pitch Conditions: The Rose bowl is an excellent pitch for batting in the first three days. The seam bowlers will enjoy bowling with new ball while the spinners will come into play in the last 2 days of the match.
Toss Prediction: Batting first is the best option in the Test matches unless there are overcast conditions on the first day. We expect both captains to bat first as they don’t want to chase in the last innings.
Predicted Playing XI
ENGLAND: Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (Wk), Rory Burns, Dominic Sibley, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Denly, James Anderson, Jofra Archer/Mark Wood, Stuart Broad, Dominic Bess, Chris Woakes
PAKISTAN: Azhar Ali (C), Mohammed Rizwan (Wk), Shan Masood, Abid Ali, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq, Mohammed Abbas, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Yasir Shah, Shadab Khan/Sohail Khan
- England won the first test against after conceding a lead of 107 runs.
- Pakistan has lost their last 7 away test matches on a trot now.
- England lost their most recent test match played here by 4 wickets against West Indies.
Players to Bet on
- Joe Root – Joe Root has failed to score century for a long time and he is due for a big one. He will look to score a century in this match and end the drought. He is expected to return to his much favored No. 4 position in this match.
- Chris Woakes – Chris Woakes will be the No.1 all-rounder for the team with Ben Stokes set to miss the remainder of the series. He scored match winning 84* in the last match to add to the 4 wickets he picked across two innings.
- Ollie Pope – Ollie Pope scored 62 runs in the first innings to lift his team from 12/3 with two 50+ partnerships in the middle. He looks a promising player for the future with his ability to score runs freely.
- Babar Azam – Babar Azam caught the attention with his eye-pleasing 69 runs in the first innings. He has batting quality to score big runs in these English conditions and we expect him to score runs in this match.
- Yasir Shah – Yasir Shah picked up 8 wickets with 4 wickets in each innings and led the fight back with the ball for his team. He also scored a valiant 33 runs in the second innings to set a target for England.
- Mohammed Abbas – Abbas set the tone of the match for Pakistan with 2 early wickets in England`s first innings including the big wicket of Ben Stokes. He maintained pressure on opposition batsmen with match figures of 31-10-69-3 in the match.
DREAM XI Picks
Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler (ENG)
Batsmen: Ollie Pope (ENG), Joe Root (ENG), Babar Azam (PAK), Shan Masood (PAK)
All-rounders: Chris Woakes (ENG)
Bowlers: Stuart Broad (ENG), Mohammed Abbas (PAK), Yasir Shah (PAK), Jofra Archer (ENG)
Captain: Chris Woakes (ENG)
Vice-Captain: Joe Root (ENG) or Babar Azam (PAK)
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 5 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…