Vanuatu Premier League 2020 – Winner Prediction
Vanuatu Premier League is a league hosted by the Cricket Association of Vanuatu. The league takes place in T10 format (10 overs per side) and is also known as Vanuatu T10 Blast. The league is played between three teams Mighty Efate Panthers, Ifira Sharks, and MT Bulls.
Vanuatu T10 Blast is scheduled between May 21 to June 13. All three teams face each other three times in the group phase (total of 6 matches per team) in the group phase. The top two teams in the points table will clash in the finals on June 13, 2020. The games are scheduled in such that two matches take place on a single day.
Currently, all the teams have faced each other twice (4 matches played) and will play 2 more games in the league phase.
- Mighty Efate Panthers are sitting pretty at the top with 6 points from 4 matches with 3 wins and a loss.
- Ifira Sharks are placed second with 4 points from 4 matches with two wins and two losses so far.
- MT Bulls are last placed with just 2 points from 4 matches with a solo win and three losses.
Based on the current position let us take a look at the chances for all the teams to enter the finals.
- Mighty Efate Panthers – With 6 points & a NRR of 2.149, they are almost certain to enter the playoffs even if they lose the next two matches. Their chances might take a hit if they lose by a big margin and the other two teams end up tied at 6 points with better NRR which looks like a miracle at the moment.
- Ifira Sharks – Ifira Sharks will qualify if they manage to win one of the remaining 2 matches. If MT Bulls win both their matches and Ifira Sharks win one match then it will go down to the NRR. They have a current NRR of -0.67. They have a chance to qualify even if they manage to lose both matches if MT Bulls loses against Mighty Efate Panthers and lags behind them in NRR.
- MT Bulls – MT Bulls are in a precarious position currently and the best chance for them to qualify will be to win their remaining two games. They might still miss out if Ifira Sharks win one match and they lag behind the other teams in terms of NRR. They have a slight opportunity if Ifira Sharks lose both their matches and they have a better NRR than Sharks. Their NRR is currently the worst on the negative side of 1.432.
Let us take a closer look at each team`s performances and try to analyze the result of every upcoming match.
MT bulls Vs Mighty Efate Panthers – Match 7
Both teams have 1-1 record in the two matches played till now. Mighty Efate Panthers put massive totals of 130/3 & 128/5 in both matches batting first. MT Bulls chased down a massive total 130 runs in the 4th match and it is the only winning performance so far while Panthers were bettered by the opposition only in that match. We expect Mighty Efate Panthers to win this match owing to their consistent performances.
Ifira Sharks Vs Mt Bulls – Match 8
Mighty Efate Panthers beat Ifira Sharks in both their group matches by 5 wickets and 30 runs respectively. Ifira Sharks team posted low totals of 35/10 & 69/9 in both the matches struggling against Panthers bowling. Panthers won both the matches comfortably and were never challenged. We expect Mighty Efate Panthers to win this contest as the psychological edge over Sharks.
Ifira Sharks Vs Mighty Efate Panthers – Match 9
Ifira Sharks have 2-0 record over MT Bulls by winning by a margin of 4 wickets and 13 runs respectively. The matches between these two sides were closely fought comparing the other two matches. Though Ifira Sharks got the better they must be aware of the MT Bulls capability (Never forget the massive chase of 135 runs). We expect Ifira Sharks to win in a close-fought contest.
Expected Points table at the end of the league
Mighty Efate Panthers Points – 10 Won – 5 Lost -1
Ifira Sharks Points – 6 Won – 3 Lost – 3
MT Bulls Points – 2 Won – 1 Lost – 5
Our prediction – Based on the above scenarios we expect Mighty Efate Panthers and Ifira Sharks to enter the finals of the tournament with MT Bulls coming third.
Mighty Efate Panthers Vs Ifira Sharks – Final
Based on our predictions, Mighty Efate Panthers take on Ifira Sharks in the final. Mighty Efate Panthers have posted almost 100 runs in all three matches batting first while Ifira Sharks posted 100+ only once and had scores of 35/10 & 69/9 against Panthers. Panthers bowling attack has taken 33 wickets compared to 24 wickets by Ifira Sharks bowlers. We expect Mighty Efate Panthers to win the finals and clinch the trophy.
Players to watch out for
With 6 matches completed and 4 games remaining including the final, let us take a look at the key players to watch out for each team.
- Joshua Rasu (Mighty Efate Panthers) – As an opener, has scored 117 runs at a strike rate of220 with a top score of 69. He has smashed 8 boundaries and 10 sixes so far. He also has 8 wickets at a contrast of 6 wickets against Ifira Sharks at an economy rate of 3.5 RPO compared to 2 wickets against MT Bulls at 18.5 RPO.
- Obed McCoy (Mighty Efate Panthers) – Middle-order batsmen & opening bowler, has scored 87 runs at a strike rate of 175 runs and 8 wickets at an economy of 9.5 RPO. 5 out of his 7 wickets are opening batsmen and his ability to take wickets early will be a big boost for his team.
- Wesley Vira (Mighty Efate Panthers) – Middle-order batsmen & opening bowler, has scored 76 runs at a strike rate of 210 & 6 wickets at an economy of 9.5 RPO. He can hit huge sixes and already has 8 sixes to his name. His 3/16 helped his team defend the target in a high scoring encounter against MT Bulls.
- Andrew Mansale (MT Bulls) – Top-order batsmen & opening bowler, has 126 runs at a strike rate of 188 with a top score of 75 & 7 wickets at an economy rate of 10.5 RPO. He scored 75 runs off his team`s total of 91 runs that included 8 sixes against Panthers in an unsuccessful chase.
- Nalin Nipiko (Ifira Sharks) – opening batsmen and middle-over bowler, has 139 runs at a strike rate of 210 with a top score of 78 & 4 wickets at an economy of 7.5 RPO. His scores read 25, 33*, & 78* in the last three innings respectively. He is leading the batting charts currently and ahs 11 boundaries and 10 sixes so far.
- Stephane Sandy (Ifira Sharks) – Opening bowler, has 5 wickets to his name at an impressive economy of less than 6 RPO. His bowling figures read 1/3, 1/20, 0/17, & 3/1 in the four matches respectively. He along with Obed Yoseph (5 wickets at an economy of 6.8 RPO) forms a terrific opening bowling combination for the team.
Apart from the above players, a few others who can also give you good returns for betting them.
Obed Yoseph (Ifira Sharks – opening bowler)
Eddie Mansale (MT Bulls – middle-order batsmen & bowler)
Clement Tommy (MT Bulls – middle-order batsmen) &
Tony Tamata (Mighty Efate Panthers – bowler)
Thanks for the readers and we wish you the best of luck in your betting on the Vanuatu T10 blast. Keep looking for the space for match predictions and player suggestions for different cricket matches.
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 5 months ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 43)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. We will…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…