West Indies tour of England 2020: England Vs West Indies, Third test
Winners Prediction: England made as a superb comeback with Ben Incredible Stokes performing with bat, ball, and field. West Indies batsmen have failed to save the Test match despite a full day`s play being washed out. England will be the firm favorites to win this match and series here.
Pitch Conditions: The Old Trafford has good swing on offer in the previous test but was a good pitch to bat on. The first 2-3 days will be best time to play on this pitch and batsmen enjoy batting if they negotiate the new ball.
Toss Prediction: Teams will look to bat first and put a big score on board here. Bowlers will need to utilize the new ball and pick as many wickets as possible and never allow the batsmen to settle down.
Predicted Playing XI:
ENGLAND: Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (Wk), Zak Crawley, Dominic Sibley, Ollie Pope, Ben Stokes, James Anderson/Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Dominic Bess, Rory Burns
WEST INDIES: Jason Holder (C), Shai Hope (Wk), John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Roston Chase, Alzarri Joseph/Rakheem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel, Shamarh Brooks, Shane Dowrich, Jermaine Blackwood
- England have leveled the series 1-1 with their 119-run win in the second test.
- West Indies last won an away series against England in 1988.
- Teams opting to field first have never won in the Old Trafford (draw -2, Loss -7).
Players to Bet on
- Ben Stokes – Ben Stokes is in his prime and it is hard to bet on any other player in the World Cricket at the moment. He is the tournament`s highest run-getter and wicket-taker currently.
- Joe Root – Joe Root did not have good return with the bat scoring 23 & 22 runs in the two innings. He is due for a century for a long time and we expect him to make a century in this match.
- Stuart Broad – Broad picked up 6 wickets in the last test and was the most successful England bowler. His 3 wickets with the second new ball set the match for England after third day was washed way completely.
- Kraigg Brathwaite – Brathwaite is one of the old-fashioned test batsmen who can bat for a long time. He scored 88 runs across 2 innings in the last match facing nearly 200 deliveries.
- Shamarh Brooks – Brooks hit 50+ scores in both the innings last match (68 & 62). He will look to continue his good form and score a century in this match. He is one of the exciting young players in West Indies line-up.
- Roston Chase – Chase took a fifer and scored a fifty in the first innings to help his team avoid follow-on. Roston Chase will look to contribute with both bat and ball in this match too.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler (ENG)
Batsmen: Joe Root (ENG), Dominic Sibley (WI), Kraigg Brathwaite (WI), Shmarah Brooks (WI)
All-rounders: Ben Stokes (ENG), Jason Holder (WI), Roston Chase (WI)
Bowlers: Jofra Archer (ENG), Kemar Roach (WI), Stuart Broad (ENG)
Captain:Ben Stokes (ENG)
Vice-Captain: Jason Holder (WI) or Joe Root (ENG)
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 3 months ago
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 42)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly summary of the Indian Premier League 2020. Now…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 41)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the performances of different teams in…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 40)
Hello everyone, welcome the weekly summary of the action in the IPL 2020 where we…
Shpageeza Premier League – Tournament Summary
Shpageeza Premier League is a local Twenty20 tournament conducted by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB)…
Shpageeza League 2020
The year has been very quiet for the cricket fans owing to Coronavirus. However, things…
CPL 2020 – Tournament Summary
The eighth season of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL 2020) came to an end with…