West Indies tour of England 2020: England Vs West Indies(1st test)
England has a pretty good record in their home soil in the Test matches. And West Indies have been a much-improved side in the last year. The home advantage plays a big role in Test matches and we expect England to win this Test match that marks the return of international cricket after the pandemic.
The Rose bowl is an excellent pitch for batting in the first three days. The seam bowlers will enjoy bowling with new ball while the spinners will come into play in the last 2 days of the match.
Toss Prediction: Batting first is the best option in the Test matches unless there are overcast conditions on the first day. We expect both captains to bat first as they don’t want to chase in the last innings.
Predicted Playing XI
ENGLAND: Ben Stokes (C), Jos Buttler (Wk), Zak Crawley, Dominic Sibley, Ollie Pope, Joe Denly, James Anderson, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Joe Denly/Dominic Bess
WEST INDIES: Jason Holder (C), Shai Hope (Wk), John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Roston Chase, Rakheem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Shannon Gabriel, Shamarh Brooks, Shane Dowrich, Jermaine Blackwood
- Both teams won their last home series 2-1 against each other respectively.
- England`s last home series loss came against Sri Lanka in 2014. They have won 7 and drawn 4 series after that loss.
- West Indies have won two series (England & Afghanistan) and lost one series (India) in 2019.
Players to Bet on:
- Ben Stokes – Ben Stokes captains the team for the first time due to the absence of Joe Root. He had an excellent season in the 2019 helping England win some crucial matches. Ben Stokes will have a big role to play with both bat and ball in this match.
- James Anderson – Anderson is back into the squad after an injury and he is a master in bowling in this English conditions. He has more than 550+ wickets to his name and will look to add more his tally in this series.
- Dominic Sibley – Sibley has scored 291 runs in 3 matches this year at an impressive average of 73. He will look to establish himself as most preferred opener for England in test matches.
- Jason Holder – Jason holder is the No.1 ranked bowler in the Test rankings. He is excellent bowler and handy batsmen down the order. He will enjoy bowling here with the new ball.
- Roston Chase – Roston Chase is one of the most consistent batsmen in the middle orders for West Indies recently. He will be needed to score big runs to help his team post a big score. He is valuable off-spinner who can take crucial wickets too.
- Kemar Roach – Kemar roach is the most experienced player in the West Indies and he can bowl at serious speeds exceeding 140Kmph easily. He has 27 wickets from just 6 matches last year with 4 four wicket hauls to his name.
DREAM XI Picks:
Wicket-Keeper: Shai Hope (WI), Jos Buttler (ENG)
Batsmen: Ollie Pope (ENG), Dominic Sibley (ENG), Kraigg Brathwaite (WI)
All-rounders: Ben Stokes (ENG), Jason Holder (WI), Roston Chase (WI)
Bowlers: James Anderson (ENG), Kemar Roach (WI), Stuart Broad (ENG)
Captain: Ben Stokes (ENG)
Vice-Captain: Jason holder (WI)
Dhinesh is a cricket article writer with a good-understanding and love towards the game. He is aspiring to become a cricket journalist and column writer in the future. His favorite teams are the Indian Cricket team & Chennai Super Kings. He is an ardent fan of MS Dhoni and Dale Steyn.
Written 6 months ago
SUPER SMASH LEAGUE 2020 -2021
Super Smash is a domestic T20 competition played in New Zealand. The Super Smash League…
BIG BASH LEAGUE 2020-21
The Big Bash League often referred to as BBL is a professional Twenty20 league competition…
LANKA PREMIER LEAGUE 2020
Greetings & good day to all my readers!!! Cricket is back on the field is…
Celebrate Diwali with Royal Panda
Starting on November 9th and ending on November 15th Royal Panda is offering a special…
Pakistan Super League 2020 (PSL 2020)
Pakistan Super League also called PSL 2020 is the domestic T20 competition conducted by Pakistan…
IPL 2020 – Weekly Summary (Week 46)
Hello everyone, welcome back to the weekly analysis of the Indian Premier League. IPL has…